Friday, February 29, 2008

Indian's spirit

When I first signed up to the altered beer coasters I knew that I have to design it with an ancient culture theme but I didn't know which one I'm going to end up using. First I thought about the Egyptian culture but another girl did this one, then I thought maybe the Greek one will be nice but it didn't work out...

well, in the end I came up with the North American Indian's art. I don't have a printer at home (well, I do but it doesn't have any ink) so I couldn't print out from the Internet. All my art books are packed (we hope to be moving out this summer!) and I didn't feel like digging in and looking out for some Indian staff that I have (from the time I was living in North Carolina next to an Indian reservation) so I went and bought a book about the Native American art I thought to cut out the staff I need from the book itself but with the help from my friends Anat and Guy (who almost freaked out when heard that I'm going to cut the book) I ended up photo copping the pictures I wanted and thats what I came up with....










I'm always making a card to the girl that is going to get my staff so this is the card I've made to be sent along with the my art.

No comments: