Sunday, March 9, 2008

Cookies, cookies, cookies

Purim is on the way. Purim is a Jewish holiday that clebrate the book of Esther. Did you know that the book of Esther is the only book in the bible that DOSEN'T mantion God even one time! But we can feel His power through out the book, don't we?!?

So, how we celebrate the holiday you ask? well, the kids get to dress up (just like in Halloween) and do silly things. The main things in Purim is to be happy! The adults usually drink wine and partying... It is a tradition to give sweets and cookies to the poor and exchange with your friends.

In our kumuna "Kan Naim" (means: It is a nice here) we are playing a cookies exchange game. I am sending to a girl in the US. Yesterday was my baking day. I got up pretty early (8:30 AM - It is early for me, still) and start making the doughs for all five different cookies I'm sending. I stood all day and baked. It was fun but very tiering... After baking all the cookies I've made the cookies jar, That was lots of fun!

So, here are my cookies...



First, Chocolate chips



Then I made some biscotti with almonds and hazelnuts...





After that came the turn for jam cookies...



And some sugar cookies...





And the last ones are the Purim tradition cookies: Haman ears...



That's how I packed the cookies...



After baking it was the time to go to sleep... but hay... I have to make a cookie jar yet.. :-) I started with an empty cane that at one time had some scallops (Yummy too!). I cleaned it and make sure there is not fishy smell in it. It was good to go.

I cover the tin with paper, Browne and pink and design it in a scrapbook feel. I really like the resolutes...

That's how the tin looks like in the beginging...



And here how it's looks like now...









The last for now is the tag/card I've made for her...




All I left to make is a recepies book for her (she is a baker) and to send it...

No comments: