Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My own Bolonez sauce

Every time Sheldon wants to feel spoiled and special he ask me to make him my Bolonez sauce. He claim it is the best one :-) Well, if that's what I need to do in order to make him feel special, NO problem. I really enjoy cooking and this is my favorite recipe. I love making it cause it is so easy and not much to think... I just throw what ever I like in to the pot. My bolonez is not the classic one but it's a hit in our house hold. Just be aware, in my cooking recipes there is no measurements I just put as much as I like...

Ground beef
Onion chopped
Garlic minced
Can of whole Italian tomatoes
Celery chopped
Carrots chopped
Mushroom sliced
Red pepper cubed
Red wine
Salt
Black pepper
Chili pepper
Paprika
Cumin

Brown the ground beef.
Take the meat out and keep it aside.
In the same pot fry the onion and the garlic. When the onion and the garlic start to sweat add the celery, carrots, red pepper, tomatoes, red wine and seasoning. Bring to a boil and simmer. 15 min. before serving add the mushroom, add beef stock or water if need some liquid, continue cooking till mushroom are soft.

serve with cheese (shhh, don't tell my mom ;-)), garlic bread and a salad.


Enjoy!

No comments: